We’re playing blog tag and I’m it :) By the rules, I have to list eleven fun facts about myself – regular facts just won’t do – and answer eleven questions, then make up another eleven questions for eleven more bloggers. I sense a theme here…
I’ve tried to write mostly about crafts and geeky things and leave out the personal bits. On the other hand, it would be untoward of me to ignore a friendly request from an extraterrestrial mammal, so here goes.
Here are eleven fun facts about me, most of which are true:
1. I’m a Canadian gal, meaning I can arm-wrestle a polar bear, build a beaver dam with my teeth, and I do happen to know Bob from Toronto. Also if you cut me I bleed poutine.
2. I do science for a living. Best. Job. Ever.
3. I was once on the Canadian national team for a solo sport, but am completely hopeless at team sports. I’ve also never played hockey (sacrilege!)
4. I have more fun playing Star Wars games than watching the movies (geek sacrilege!)
5. I don’t eat meat… and I’m not going to insert the obvious song lyrics here because this is an all-ages blog, folks.
6. I once had a pet mouse that I trapped in a bucket in my first apartment: I bought him a cage with a little mousey wheel. It wasn’t a very nice apartment.
7. Few everyday things give me more joy than riding my bicycle on a beautiful day.
8. My Halloween costumes as an adult have included Leeloo (multipass!) and Nana Osaki. Surprisingly, I’ve never cosplayed outside of officially recognized dressing-up holidays.
9. I only learned to sew so I can one day make a Skirt Thing. William Gibson fans will know what I’m talking about.
10. I once convinced my sister she was adopted from another planet. In my defense, we were both young and I was pretty sure it was true.
11. I’m going yarnbombing this Friday! Details and pics in my next post, unless something goes horribly wrong.
And now, eleven questions from iamspacegiraffe:
1. What can you hear at this very moment?
The tortured screaming of hellspawn: my husband playing Diablo 3.
2. What is the first thought that comes into your head… now?
Ack! Think of something clever. Right now. Homer Simpson. D’oh!
3. What was the first book you ever read?
Probably something to do with ABCs. The first book I remember reading was Frog and Toad Are Friends. I love reading, and while I try not to accumulate too much stuff, I make exceptions for books, dresses, and fabulous shoes.
4. What do you think about when you hear the word “Faith”?
She’s a country singer, I think.
5. Giant Panda or Polar Bear?
I’m Canadian: polar bears FTW.
6. WHAT, is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Auuuuuuuggggghhhh! (Falls off bridge).
7. What is the best joke you have ever heard or told?
I have a rare case of humour aphasia: I can never remember jokes, even the really funny ones.
8. What is the last movie you saw and was it any good?
I honestly can’t remember, and it wasn’t that long ago. I’ve been watching Game of Thrones season one, and enjoying it just as much as the books. The last movie I saw that I really liked was Hanna.
9. If you could meet one person (living or dead) who would it be and what would you talk about?
That dog is awesome. The cat is plotting revenge, and calculating how to make it look like an accident.
11. What sports team do you follow, if any?
I’m a fairweather fan. I’ll cheer loudly for Canadian teams during hockey playoffs and Olympics, but I don’t follow sports regularly. I used to own a vuvuzela (got it about fifteen years ago) and have used it in public to glorious effect.
Whoa. That was way more sharing than I’m used to. Now’s the part where I’m supposed to write eleven new questions for eleven more bloggers… except I’m new to this and don’t actually know eleven more bloggers. So this thread dies with me, but check out iamspacegiraffe’s blog if you’d like to see what other folks have to say. And as a special thank-you for checking out this long-winded post, here’s a picture I took of a sea turtle: